Happy Thanksgiving from our entire team at The Model Garage! For this holiday, we are not only thankful for our friends and family, but we are thankful for you all. With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more coming up, it means lots of travel. If you are planning a road trip to visit your loved ones far and near, we highly urge you to come by our shop for a check-up before you hit the road. Here are five tips to remember when traveling for the holidays!
- Don't forget to pack ample blankets, coats, socks, hats, gloves, etc., for the road to keep you warm if you're traveling to colder places.
- Pack an emergency kit in your trunk just in case of emergencies. Some things to include in that kit are a spare tire, jack, wrench, flashlight, batteries, road flares, cell phone charger, jumper cables, and first aid kit.
- What's a road trip without snacks? Besides your cold-weather gear and emergency kit, please make sure you pack plenty of water and some snacks. This can curb your hunger if you get held back in traffic.
- Plan out some games or activities for you and your kids during the car ride. This will ensure that the backseat doesn't get too rowdy. Not the gaming type? Jam out to some music instead. Who doesn't love a holiday music sing-along?
- Lastly, it would be best to have your vehicle inspected by the expert team here at The Model Garage before you hit the road. The last surprise you want for the holidays is a broken-down vehicle. Coming by The Model Garage for a pre-trip inspection will ensure that your car can resist the road challenges this fall and winter and get you home for your turkey dinner.
We hope that you have a fantastic holiday and stay safe wherever it takes you. If you need any auto service or repairs, please feel free to stop by The Model Garage today.